July 8th- July 14th

Mileage for the Year 2013
1,938 miles

Mileage for the week 7/8- 7/14
71 miles

7/14
15 miles

I ran my Boston prep route with some on Elmore extention.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to sub 6 min. on the last 3 miles.  Averaged about 6:30 pace for entire run.  It was a cool overcast day, so perfect for running.  Legs felt tired in the beginning, but after I warmed up I started feeling strong.  Good effort.

7/13
6 miles

Easy pace after work today.  Another warm and sunny day.  Legs still tired, but kept it easy.  Ran to Huffman and back.

7/12
10 miles

Ran my south loop with a little extra in the beautiful warm sun today.  I started off really easy at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:05 pace for the last couple miles.  Felt pretty darn good after I warmed up for a couple miles.

7/11
6 miles

Another sunny day!  After work I just kept it easy to Huffman and back.  Tried keeping it easy, but still ran a 6:45 average pace.  I believe for true recovery it needs to be a bit slower. Legs felt tired again too.

7/10
12 miles

Nice and sunny day today.  Ran my Boston prep route and averaged about 6:30 pace. Started at 7:15 pace and progressed down to sub 6.  Legs felt tired.  I'm gonna take tomorrow off or make sure it's super easy.

7/9
10 miles

Ran my south loop. General Aerobic pace.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:06 pace.  6:35 average for the entire run.  Felt pretty good, but legs a little tired.

7/8
12 miles (6am/6pm)

First double since the taper for the marathon started.  Took both runs at easy recovery pace.  Felt good.  Sun came out in the afternoon run!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive