September 15th- September 21st

Mileage for the Year 2014
3,107 miles

Mileage for the week 9/15- 9/21
101 miles

9/21
20 miles

Well it took me all day to start my run, but I had a great 20 miler.  I wanted to keep it pretty easy after last weeks long run.  I loved running in the evening with the sunset and all the beautiful fall colors.  Started at 7:10 pace and was quickly down to 6:40 pace and ended with low 6:00 pace.  The last couple of miles I was in the dark and it was kind of fun.  All the hard work of training is done.  Now, I need to get feeling the best I can when I get on the start line in Bemidji.  The taper is very important as well and I don't want to overlook the little things. Especially sleep and my nutrition.  "Hay is in the Barn"

9/20
12 miles (8am/4pm)

Beautiful morning on the coastal trail.  I've really been enjoying running from Westchester on the weekends.  It's a nice change of pace and the running is easy.  My afternoon run was my standard Huffman and back route.  Felt pretty good on both runs and kept them both real easy.

9/19
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both runs were done at an easy recovery pace.  On the treadmill during lunch and to Huffman and back in the rain after work.  It was a long day......

9/18
20 miles (15am/5pm)

I wanted to get this done early, so I opted for the treadmill.  It was HOT in the training room today.  I was soaked when I was finished.  I kept it easy for the most part, but towards the end I was sub 6 min and I think the heat was getting to me and I felt tired.  Nice to have the longer run out of the way though.

Real easy recovery pace to Huffman and back in the rain in the evening.

9/17
12 miles (6 x 1200 @ 5K pace with 2 min rest)

Probably my most dreaded workout in my marathon training.  I just don't like running at 5K pace for an extended amount of time.  It's a weakness of mine that I need to work on.  I did the workout between Huffman and Dearmoun on Lake Otis.  It's got some gently hills in it and one direction finishes with a pretty good hill.  I toughed it out and finished it though and I'm always glad when it's over. Felt pretty strong too.

3 mile warm-up w/ 5 strides
6 x 1200m @ 5K pace w/ 2min rest (3:51 avg or 5:08 pace)
3 mile cool down

9/16
13 miles (7am/6pm)

I kept it easy again for another day.  I just wanted to make sure to recover from sunday's workout and not push things even though I feel pretty good.  Both runs today were at an easy recovery pace.  Ran on the treadmill during my lunch hour and then to Huffman and back after school.  Felt good.

9/15
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both runs were done at an easy recovery pace.  Ran on the treadmill during lunch and then ran to Huffman and back after work.  I was suprised at how good my legs felt after my long workout yesterday.  I know I need to recover though, so I may do the same 2 easy runs tomorrow.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive