September 8th- September 14th

Mileage for the Year 2014
3,006 miles

Mileage for the week 9/8- 9/14
103 miles

9/14
23 miles w/ 17 @ Marathon pace (5:42 avg.)

This was a serious motivating workout for me today.  I must of been pretty excited, because I woke up at 3am and I couldn't fall back asleep.  I ended up getting out of bed at 5am to eat a little breakfast before the workout started at 8am.  I had my buddy Darin Pestrikoff bike next to me and hand me water and feeds, which was real nice.  Anna Dalton and Ryan Beckett also did this workout with me at their own paces.  I'm glad Todd List came up with this workout.  I believe it was also a perfect time to do this in my marathon training.  I felt pretty darn good, the entire time and just tried to relax.  I believe I could've done at least another 5 miles and then things might have gotten interesting.  I did crank it down a little on my last mile and was a 5:30 mile.  Here it is:

3 mile warm-up w/ a couple strides (super easy)
17 miles @ MP (5:42 avg.)
3 mile cool down

My stomach was super bad after the workout the entire day.  I may have had too much food in my system while working out, plus I believe I may have a little stomach sickness going on the last couple of days and this just kick started it.

9/13
13 miles (9am/4pm)

Both runs today were on campbell creek trails at an easy recovery pace.  I really love that route how it winds along side the creek.  Big Marathon pace workout tomorrow and I'm pretty excited for it, which is a good sign.

9/12
12 miles

I had to wait to run after work today.  Of course it was raining pretty good, but it actually felt good being out in the rain.  I kept it pretty easy since I have a real big workout on Sunday.  I ran my Boston prep route and felt good.

9/11
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both runs today were at an easy recovery pace.  My legs were a little tired on both runs and I started out kind of sore before I got warmed up.  I'm sure it was from the last 2 days.  Ran on the south track during my lunch hour and to Huffman and back in the evening.

9/10
15 miles

Ran my Boston prep route.  I felt pretty strong, but tried to dial it down.  Still averaged 6:39 pace for the entire run.  Started at 7:25 pace and was sub 6 the last 2 miles.  Raining again:(

9/9
16 miles (10 w/ 6X800m am/6pm)

During my lunch hour I did my VO2max workout @ 5K pace.  I felt pretty darn good and kept the rest to 90 seconds.

4 mile warm-up w/ strides
6 x 800m @ 5K pace w/ 90 sec rest (2:30 avg.)
1.5 mile cool down

In the afternoon I ran an easy recovery pace to Huffman and back in the pouring rain!

9/8
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Ran on the treadmill during lunch today at recovery pace and then to Huffman and back after school at recovery pace as well.  I felt really good during lunch, but kind of tired on my second run.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive