September 22nd- September 28th

Mileage for the Year 2014
3,187 miles

Mileage for the week 9/22- 9/28
80 miles

9/28
18 miles

Last long run before Bemidji.  I can't believe the nice weather we have been having.  Started from Westchester again and did a 10 mile out and back on the coastal trail towards Kincaid and then did an 8 mile out and back on chester creek.  I averaged 6:33 pace for the entire run.  Picked it up the last couple miles and ran a 5:46, 5:28 last couple miles. Felt easy.  I'm ready for this marathon.  I'm going to put it down in Bemidji. I'm going for this sub 2:30.

9/27
11 miles (7 @ Tempo)

I had a super workout today. I was going to run a 10K today, but opted out of it after Wednesday's run where I experienced discomfort in my hip flexor and hamstring.  But, after 2 easy days of running I didn't feel any pain at all. So, I decided to do a tempo run to replace the 10K.   I opted for the treadmill just in case I started to feel pain again.  I did a progressive workout and it was probably the best workout I have ever done!  Granted it was on a treadmill, so probably easier.  I just really relaxed and rolled.  It felt so easy!!!!!  Here is is:

3 mile warm-up w/strides
7 @ Tempo (5:30, 5:27, 5:23, 5:21, 5:18, 5:15, 5:13)
1 mile cool down

9/26
10 miles (5am/5pm)

I kept both runs at recovery pace again today. Treadmill at lunch and Huffman and back in the afternoon.  Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I plan on doing 6 miles @ Tempo.

9/25
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both runs were at easy recovery pace today.  I ran on the treadmill during my lunch hour and I was super glad that my hip flexor and hamstring were much better today.  After school I ran my Huffman and back route and felt good too.  I did notice my hip flexor and hamstring a little, but much improved.  I'll keep it easy on both runs tomorrow too.

9/24
13 miles

My right hip flexor was a little angry today before, during, and after my run.  Also, my right hamstring felt like it was mis firing.  I think it had to do with my strides yesterday, I may have run them too fast like sprints.  I've had these feelings in both areas before, so I'm not too worried.  I'll keep it really easy the next couple of days.

I ran my Boston prep route today in the beautiful and sunny fall weather.  It wasn't that enjoyable though since I was aggrivated by my right leg acting up.  Oh well, just need to play it smart.

9/23
10 miles (10 x 20 sec strides)

I had to wait until later in the afternoon to get this done, but it was worth the wait.  I decided to drive to westchester lagoon again.  Another beautiful and sunny fall day.  I felt ok running, but legs were a little heavy at times.  Kept it at General Aerobic pace and threw in some strides at the end.

9/22
6 miles

My 1st day of my taper, so I decide to run just once today.  Kept it super easy to Huffman and back.  Beautiful and sunny fall day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive