September 29th- October 5th

Mileage for the Year 2014
3,245 miles

Mileage for the week 9/29- 10/5
58 miles

10/5
7 miles

Ran with Anna Dalton and Ryan Beckett this morning.  It was cold and a little windy, but it felt good to run in.  It was nice to run easy today and with 2 others that will be running Chicago next sunday.  We've all put a lot of work into our races next week and I have a feeling there are a few PRs coming up.  Ran from westchester.

10/4
13 miles

My last double digit run before the race.  Running in the fall is so darn beautiful.  Ran from Westcher again and did 10 on the coastal trail and 3 on chester creek.  I felt pretty good and I kept it easy.  I made it progressive.  Started at 7:20 pace and progressed down to 6:10 pace.  My legs felt good.  Lots of snow on the mountains now.

10/3
6 miles

Easy recovery pace today.  Felt good.

10/2
11 miles (3 x 1 mile @ 5k pace w/ 2:15 rest and 3 miles @ MP)

Last workout really until the race.  I plan on doing a couple of MP miles early next week, but that's about it.  The goal of this workout was not to try and crush it and stay in the correct paces.  It felt really good and actually pretty easy. I'm really happy with how I felt during the Marathon pace miles.  Big confidence boost.
Here it is:

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
3 x 1 mile @ 5K w/ 2:15 rest (5:07- 5:00 avg.)
3 miles @ Marathon pace (5:42 avg.)
1 mile cool down

10/1
5 miles

Super easy recovery pace during lunch today.  Felt great and I really wish I could run more:)

9/30
10 miles

General Aerobic pace during my lunch hour today. I felt really good!  I feel like I want to run fast and it's tough holding back.

9/29
6 miles

Nice and easy recovery pace during lunch today.  I felt really good.  Can't wait to race!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive