Dec. 29th- Jan. 4th

Week #3 on Road to Boston!

Mileage for the Year 2009
40 miles


Mileage for the Week 12/29- 1/4
70 miles


1/4
16 miles

When I woke up it was -19 degrees outside. I still wanted to run outside some. I did the first 9 outside (south loop) and the last 7 on the treadmill. My last few miles were around 6:40 pace. Good effort today.

1/3
6 miles- Recovery

I did the workout on the mille again today. It was a recovery run so I kept it easy. Super easy like 7:30 pace.

1/2
12 miles

I returned back to Alaska this morning and was greeted with 15 below weather. I decided to do the entire workout on the treadmill. I actually felt pretty good. Had the ipod going, water on hand, and in shorts still. The last couple miles were in 6:53 pace.

1/1
6 miles- recovery

Mileage for the Year 2008
2489 miles


12/31
14 miles

One last run for the year 2008. I ran the same course as I did last sunday on the Honolulu Marathon course but 4 miles shorter. Felt pretty good. I carried a bottle of water with me for the first 50 min. and then drank it with a Gu of Espresso Love. I was able to get started at about 6:30 but it was still hot and humid. Good run though.

12/30
10 miles w/ 4 miles at Half Marathon pace.

Good workout today. It was nice to pick up the pace a little. I went more on effort since I didn't have mile markers the whole way and some was hilly. I believe my effort was close to 6 min. pace. It was definetly comfortably hard.

12/29
6 miles- recovery

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive