December 30th- January 5th "Week #3"

Mileage for the Year 2014
51 miles

Mileage for the Week 12/30- 1/5
72 miles

1/5
17 miles

Had a great run today.  Ran my Boston prep route w/ elmore extention.  I felt really good, but had to work hard because snow was a little soft.  It was all good though and nice to run it all outside.  Pretty good week considering I was fighting a stomach bug since monday.  Felt good starting friday.  School starts back up tomorrow, so it's all about time management and not stressing the little stuff until wrestling is over.

1/4
8 miles

Nice and easy recovery pace before our wrestling meet this morning.  I felt great and forced my self to run at recovery pace.

1/3
18 miles (13am/5pm)

Felt really good this morning.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed every mile until I was down to 5:46 pace and it felt easy and comfortable.  Also, it feels like this stomach bug is finally getting out of my system.

Easy recovery pace after work.

1/2
8 miles

Was able to get an easy run in this morning.  Felt good, but wanted to keep it easy so I can run a good medium distance tomorrow.

1/1
Not the way I wanted to start the year off.  Darn stomach is still really upset.  Stomach flu or something.  I don't care though, it's going to be a great 2014!!!!!

Mileage for the Year 2013
3,269 miles

12/31
10 miles (4 @ Tempo)

Woke up early to get this workout done before wrestling practice.  I felt pretty good despite still having a little upset stomach since I got sick on the 27th.  First tempo workout of the build-up.  I do like tempo workouts the best.  Way better than VO2max.

4 mile warm-up w/ striders
4 miles (5:39, 5:39, 5:33, 5:27)
2 mile cool down.

12/30
11 miles (6am/5pm)

Both easy recovery miles.  Stomach was bothering me a little in the morning,but felt much better in the afternoon.  First double in a long time!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive