July 11th- July 17th

Mileage for the Year 2011
1,718 miles


Mileage for the week 7/11- 7/17
67 miles


7/17
14 miles

I awoke at 5am with the intention to beat the heat and run 19 miles. I checked the temp on my phone and it was already 80 degrees out and very humid. After the 1st mile I knew it was going to be very difficult. I was soaked by mile 3. I took some water at mile 5 and finished my bottle at mile 7 with a gu. I shoes were heavy with sweat and squising by mile 8. I basically crawled into the dorms at mile 12 and changed shorts, socks, and shoes. Went out for 2 more miles before calling it quits... Gross!

7/16
5 miles

93 degrees and super humid in Fargo. Kept it super easy today after flying all night. Tired....

7/15
11.5 miles

Ran from Skinny Mini to Kincaid park with Jerry. Nice to get on some trails. Took awhile to start feeling good. Beautiful day in Anchorage. Leave for Fargo tonight.

7/14
10 miles (6am/4pm)

Both runs kept at true recovery pace. First double since April.

7/13
13 miles

Ran my south loop with an extra mile. Average pace was 6:30. Progressed down to 6:09 pace toward the end.

7/12
8 miles w/ 10 x 100m striders

Ran to Dearmoun and back with extra loop. Threw in 10 striders. Felt pretty good. Blister bothering me a little.

7/11
6 miles- recovery

Ran on treadmill to get true recovery pace. Plus it was flat to help out blister. Very warm in garage though.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive