July 25th- July 31st

Mileage for the Year 2011
1,870 miles


Mileage for the week 7/25- 7/31
81.5 miles


7/31
20 miles

Tough run today. I ran a 6 mile warm-up before running to the top of Arctic Valley Road. It took me about 48:30 to reach the top of the parking lot. It rained pretty hard going about 3/4 of the way up. My shoes became heavy with rain and were collecting mud to make them heavier. Pounded the quads on the way down and addes another 3 miles to get me my 20. Good Equinox training run!

7/30
8 miles

Ran to Dearmoun and back and threw in 6 striders. Felt pretty good despite the chest cold I have.

7/29
12 miles (6 @ Tempo)

2.8 mile warm-up to Huffman
6 straight tempo miles between Huffman and Dearmoun. (5:41, 5:43, 5:45, 5:42, 5:44, 5:43)
3.2 mile cool down/general aerobic

I felt really strong during the tempos. There are some good rolling hills in their too. I was tired coming home though. Glad to get this workout done while fighting this bug.

7/28
12 miles (6am/6pm)

I kept both runs today at a real easy pace. Beautiful outside today in Anchorage!

7/27
15 miles

A little sore all over from wrestling yesterday. I did my Boston Prep route and added another 3 miles to get 15. I actually felt good except for being tight in my shoulders and neck from wrestling.

7/26
8.5 miles

Ran to Dearmoun and back with extra loop. I threw in 10 x 100m striders too. Tired and coming down with a bug I think. Need more sleep.

7/25
6 miles

Nice recovery pace. Legs felt a little heavy from yesterday.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive